Crown Community Church Privacy Notice
How Crown Community Church (“we”) use your data
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy, keeping the data you share with us safe, and using it lawfully.
We aim to be transparent with you about how we collect your data, and we will not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect from us.
What data may we collect from you?
We collect personal data when you join the church, contact us via the website, opt-in to receive our communications and prayer information, register to attend our events, or make donations. This may include:
- Your name
- Your postal/billing address
- Your telephone numbers
- Your email address (work or personal)
- Bank account details
- Information you enter on our website
- Records of your correspondence with us, including your requests to opt-in to our mailings.
Where do we collect your data from?
We do not collect information from third parties, and only collect and use what you may choose to provide.
Sensitive data: Where you provide the relevant information, we may collect sensitive data including, but not limited to, your dietary or access requirements to best accommodate you at our activities.
Under 16s/Under 13s: If you are aged 16 or under and would like to participate in an event or get involved with us, please make sure that you have your parent or guardian’s permission before giving us your personal information. Children from 13 upwards may give their own consent in relation to any online services that we may offer. However, we only collect information about those who are aged under 13 from a parent or guardian and this is strictly in relation to activities that we run.
We do not collect sensitive personal information about you unless there is a clear reason for doing so, for example our midweek and holiday activities, where we need this information to ensure safeguarding, to carry out appropriate checks on volunteers, or care for participants. For some activities we will collect health information so that leaders on our events have the relevant information to care for participants. When we collect information about a child or young person, we will make it clear why we are collecting this information and how it will be used.
Why do we collect and how do we use your data?
We may collect and use your information to:
- contact you regarding our activities
- provide appropriate pastoral care
- circulate information regarding the church family
- fulfil our purposes as a church
- process donations
- process event bookings, and/or inform you of any changes
- record the contact that we have with you
- comply with the law regarding data sharing.
You do not have to provide us with this information, but if you choose not to we may be unable to give you the information or service you request. We will ask for your permission regarding the method by which you would like to be contacted about our events and activities, e.g. post, telephone or email.
We rely on a variety of legal bases for processing your data depending on the activity being undertaken.
- We use legitimate interests for carrying out any administration for processing receipts for donations towards supporting us financially or purchases, as well as to thank you for those.
- We use consent for all the email bulletins and information sent out to those who wish to receive them. Every email newsletter you receive will provide a clear opportunity for you to opt-out of/unsubscribe from future emails.
- We use compliance with a legal obligation as the basis for processing any legally required activities such as Gift Aid returns to HMRC.
Disclosure of data
We will not share any of your data to any third parties unless we are legally obliged to; for example if we’re required to by HMRC, or a law enforcement agency, or to protect Crown Community Church in the cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
We will never sell your data to a third party for the purposes of marketing.
We will not transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Storing your data
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question, but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation. We will contact you periodically to check that the information we are holding is accurate and that you agree to us holding it.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your data is used, how we maintain the security of your data, and your rights to access information we hold about you, contact Katherine Knight (one of our leaders) on 07939-452127. If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
We may update this policy from time to time without notice to you. By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact Katherine Knight on 07939-452127.
Last Updated 12th May 2020